thewordofrashi revealed...

Note: Remember to check back here often, as sometimes I reread my answers only to realize that I don't like them, and as such I will change them. I will also address any additional questions.

1. to all: what is your favorite Tangst post ever and why?
"no, really. i love rashi" is currently my favorite. I am intensely curious as to who this is, and if they are the same person that posted either of the last two topics about me, and of course, if they are being serious. I have a hunch, but that's all it is.


2. if you could change your skin color to anything (natural, not natural, patterns, whatever), what would you choose and why?
I am more or less perfectly happy with the skin color I have, although sometimes I feel that I'm a little pasty. That said, during the summer, I tan pretty well.


3. What is your most convincing argument for the theory that all other people are robots?
A certain science teacher I had in the eighth grade was a robot. She sounded like one, and had the emotional range of one. The Ligoners here know what I mean.


4. If you had to date another admin, who would it be and why?
Probably Nano, but to be honest, I really never have had any crushes on any of the admins. Not to offend anyone, of course.


5. Movie or book that made the biggest impact on you
Night, by Elie Wiesel probably had the biggest emotional impact on me. Other books you might want to try are A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving and of course, the Bible is always a good read (if you can get past Leviticus). After reading the entire Ender's Game saga, from both Ender's and Bean's perspectives, I certainly do look at life a little differently, so I suppose that qualifies as well. As for movies, while I do watch them for their artistic value, I really could not say which had the biggest impact on me.


6. if you could punch anyone in the face Right Now with no repercussions, who would it be?


ps. it doesn't matter if they're real/alive

Probably our dear president. I may be a conservative, and I do support him on a wide range of issues, but DAMN. That guy has got to wake up and take charge of his administration. He's killing the Republicans' chances in 08.


7. If you had to kill one of the other admins who would it be?
SwalesT'shooth. Only because I have absolutely no idea who she is.



8. to all: Left or Right?

(Interpret it as you see fit)

Right. I am right handed, and I am a right winger.


9. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
I would be willing to bet more than you could. Actually, I believe the correct value converges to e.



10. are you currently single?
Yes


11. Have you had sex?
No.


12. Do you dream in color, do you dream in grey?
Do you dream at night, do you dream at day?
Do your dreams have meaning, are your dreams a waste?
Do you dream in color, do you dream in grey?

(Yes, that was all really a question that I really would like answered - it wasn't meant to be a poem until I started rhyming.)

Never really thought about it. When I remember dreams though, they're always in color. Yes, I daydream just like everyone else, but the 8-9 hours I sleep at night provide much more time for that. Whereas I would like to believe some of my dreams have meaning, most of them just turn out to be freaky, and I cannot remember having any of my dreams that matter come true. You ever notice how you always seem to dream in third person? Maybe it's just me.



13. Do you have a bf/gf?
That's a negator, Skeletor.


14. if you could have consequence-free sex with any oter admin, which would it be?
*sigh* Well, I can tell you that it would not be Pchis. Not that I don't like him or anything. I'm sure he feels the same way.



15. The premise is that you are stranded on a desert island with all the other admins (a little trite, I know):

Which admin would you eat first, if it came down to it?

Who do you think would take the major leadership role (i.e., who would
be Ralph/Jack from LotF)

Who would go crazy first, assuming that someone did?

Who would I eat first? Probably DoctorAnonymous. He's a pretty big guy. Probably last us a while.
The leadership role? Probably Pchis. Or maybe Nano. She made a pretty good Ralph in freshman C&C.
Who would go crazy? Probably box-box. I don't know how he could live without constantly updating Tangst or his own server farm or whatever it is that he does in his spare time.



16. who do u think has a crush on me (ben tan), and i do not mean the person who i know has a crush on me who doesn't even do tangst, i mean the person who posted
Ms. Potter.



17. Is the pursuit in life the journey or the destination?
I thought of a cool answer to this today while I was rolling the Torahs. Once you know where you are, you can figure out exactly where you're going. Make of that what you will.


18. Do you someday want children? If so, how many?
Yeah, I do want children. Probably 2, definitely no more than 3.



19-22. If you were a popsicle, what would you taste like?
Would you rather be eaten by a shark or have to live the rest of your life with a cereal box over your head?
Would you rather marry another admin right now, or marry a complete stranger in 5 years?
What is your social security number?


...It was a good try.........

If I were a popsicle, I would probably taste like a human popsicle. (Ask a silly question...)
I think I would rather live the rest of my life with a cereal box over my head than die....
I'm not sure I get this part, but I would definitely not marry another admin right now. The second part, though. Does that mean marry a complete stranger NOW in 5 years, one that over the next several years I would get to know? Or just pick a whore off the street in 5 years and marry her?
And sure, here's my social security number: ***-**-****. What? You don't read stars? Oh, well.



23. What sandwich condiment best fits your personality and why?
I don't like condiments. I hate ketchup, I hate mustard. I also hate most salad dressings. Pretty much, if it's a condiment, I don't want it. That said, I like salt, which I guess is considered a condiment. Wait! I thought of a better one! Wasabi. Yes, wasabi, final answer.



24. If you could date anybody at Enloe, who would it be? (oh yeah, and why)
*sigh* To tell everyone the truth, whereas I have had a number of crushes on a number of girls throughout my stay at Enloe, I really have absolutely no time for girls right now. No, I am not dead. I really haven't even thought about it.

That said, if you happen to be interested in me, I'm sure I could make time. So for God's sake speak up!



25. who at enloe do you think ought to be sr class president? student body president?
Um....I guess Ashley Pittman. I voted for her to get into that mess. Might as well keep doing it.



26. Does anyone in your family know about tangst?
Yeah, my parents know about it, but only obscurely. They definitely don't check it.


27. Is this spinal tap?
No. This is Tangst. If you want Spinal Tap....eewww


28. What is the relevance of the Etruscan civilization in modern culture?
Well, the Etruscans joined the Romans, such that the Romans would be able to procreate and make babies. This eventually led to the founding of the Roman Empire. Seeing as it was indeed the Romans that crucified Jesus, we would find outselves without a very critical group of people had the Etruscans not existed. Yay for 3 years of Latin.


29. Do you like eating pickled toads?
Well, I can't say. After all, I've never tried. This is most likely because they are not kosher, but even if they were, eating an amphibian seems somewhat....bizarre...


30. how many non-enloe people use tangst?
How the hell should I know? Ask Box-Box.


31. What is your favorite quote, and why?

What is your favorite song or piece of music right now? Why do you like it?

What is your current life philosophy or outlook on life if you have one?

Hmm....my favorite quote? "Who do you love more? Me, or Comrade Stalin?" "Comrade Stalin, of course!"
My favorite song? Only in Dreams by Weezer. Since I started listening to music, it has been, and likely will always be my favorite song. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE should give it a listen. Just the melody and the words and the everyone-being-able-to-relate-to-it factor make it the best ever.
My life philosophy? Shit happens. When it does, just flush the toilet and move on.


32. What do you breathe for?
To stay alive? I assume, however, that you meant what drives me? In that case, I breathe for the future, that one day I will settle down with a wife and kids and continue a tradition that has lasted for thousands of years. And I'm not only talking Judaism. I'm talking the continuation of the human race. Wow, that sounds a little dramatic.


33. What was your new year's resolution this year?
To stop biting my nails. That lasted maybe a week.

34. what does your username mean/how did you choose it?
Well, the story goes back a while, to when I was 13 and studying for my Bar Mitzvah. While I was in the process of writing my D'var Torah, which is more or less like a sermon to be delivered by me regarding the weekly Torah portion, I came across a stumbling block, in which the Torah did not completely explain something. I went to my rabbi, who then referred me to Rashi, an acronym for Rabbi Shlomo ben Izhak, who was a famous bible commentator that lived in 11th century France. Since that time, whenever I have had a question regarding rabbinic/Jewish law or theology or whatever, I have consulted his commentary. Thus, as I am commentating on all of your posts, and Rashi is one of my role models, I am thewordofrashi, so to speak.


35. What is your favorite type of juice?
Probably Apple. You have no idea how good a nice cold glass of apple juice can be.


36. Ideal boob size?
Uh...not too big, but not too small. Preferably in proportion to the actual person. I actually know only one person I can think off that I think would really look better with bigger boobs.


37. Have you ever been in love?
Yes.


38. are you gay, lesbian, bisexual, or straight?

(ignore this question completely if you feel it is too personal)

Haha. This reminds me of a story back in middle school when people in my bus thought I was gay. I then proceeded to say "I am as straight as this line" and drew a line in the air. Unfortunately, the bus at that very moment hit a bump. Looking back it was actually pretty funny. But with that said, I am straight.


39. If you could live forever, would you?
Certainly not. To have eternal life without eternal youth is a curse, not a blessing. And even if I did have eternal youth as well, I'm not sure I would want to. My friends would all die, and as I would live forever, that would keep happening over and over again. I'm not sure I could live with that.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, ms. potter.

hahaha, me.

4/05/2006 09:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm... ms. heald? That lady was def. a robot that was out to get me.

4/06/2006 06:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PAHAHAHA i was on that bus i rememberrrr

we were such dumb 6th graders

4/09/2006 09:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not ms heald, ms relyea

4/09/2006 09:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home