A little something I wrote for you, Pops

So I got mad at my folks
And thought of a gun
A raised fist of rebellion
For the entire generation.
But before you wrap your red flag
So tightly about my neck
And string me up to preach
To your thoughtless subordinates
Remember that blood stains everything it touches
And here in the depth of winter
You may find something a little colder
Than your standard industrial refrigerator
When you reach inside me
To rip out my spine.
They never thought of fusion as cold as this
But I am tempted to simply reach escape velocity
From this plane, this household
Exhausted by the thought of red ice cubes
Dripping from my severed neck
And the cheers of Girl Scouts
As they wrench the line
And bring my head, shuddering
Towards the top of the flagpole.

A freight train ride from Hell
Bright flickering lights
Throw shadows when compared
To the blackness of my convictions
My dreams are nothing compared to your monsters
(Shove them back in the closet, quick.)
Help hide me from myself.
Because the dark rising within me
Will destroy you so quickly
Your boots will rock back from the force
Frozen by a crust of your lost ambitions
An orange and black nightmare
Of tigers and dreams
(Let me snap that cat’s neck, one sec.)
Fuck you and your fucking history
I’m tired of waiting for your mistakes
To finally catch up with me
So I’ve turned around and I am hunting them
An AK slung on either shoulder.
Try me.

Your smirk
My fist
You do the math
Let’s wipe clean the slate
(Right off of your face.)
This animosity could stop now
But the fun is just beginning
And I’m on it like Novocaine on a root canal
Forget the tooth, we’ll go for a spirit
This may hurt, but just bear with me
As I slowly remove my soul, tail first
Drug me up, Doc
As I pass the pipe along
And when I slam the habit on the ground
The glass and my blood will combine
To form a sparkling mosaic
To seventeen years of servitude.

Labels: ,


2 Comments:

Blogger Dr.A said...

Man this poetry sucks. You suck. Get off the stage.

2/03/2007 10:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The line about the Girl Scouts was both delicious and terrifying.

But why is this on the Tangst Blog?

2/04/2007 12:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home